16 May 2017 – Open Position – click for PDF version or apply online here.
The digital advertising account manager is the important link between the client and the entire agency team. The account manager acts as both a salesperson for the agency and as the client’s representative within the agency. This position is a contract role to be moved to a full-time on-site position once trained and producing excellent results. The role supports the operational detail in the client/agency relationship.
The account manager also leads the agency’s workflow, ensuring the ideas remain faithful to the brief and that it is kept on time and inside the budget.
The most important task in account management is to aid in the design the brief; a well-targeted brief can be the making of a high-quality outcome. While the work varies depending on the client, account managers are responsible for client budgets, tracking time, managing the communication flow while also performing a range of related administrative and operational work activities.
- Managing a portfolio of client accounts and monitoring the ongoing activities related to them.
- Responsible for the ongoing needs and requests with projects with a set and focused success criteria.
- Managing, reviewing progress and delivering the client’s projects on-time.
- Leading meetings with the clients as well as informing them about the current work status of their projects.
- Establishing relationships with new clients and nurturing business relationships with existing clients.
- Identifying accounts whose projects are ‘at risk’ and develop a plan to reach out to these accounts to ensure they are retained.
- Monitoring work performance of team members and checking in on sales targets with the use of software tools.
- Conflict resolution with clients on all assessed risks and associated outcomes using fact-based, timeline approaches.
- Documenting process and process changes for all roles in the business while also safeguarding them to make sure we are meeting these standards and best practices.
- Travel: Mostly on-site work but can involve travel within the working day to visit clients.
- Working hours: Mainly 9 to 5, Monday thru Friday. It can also involve long hours to meet particular deadlines.
- Availability: Must be willing to support tasks and communication via Mobile Apps, Email, SMS, Phone and Google Hangouts or Slack during working hours.
- Location: Mainly in and around Columbus and within 60-mile radius.
- Meetings: Most are done virtually through GoToMeeting or Google Hangouts and require High-Speed Internet.
- Opportunities for additional income: Freelance work is possible for those with experience in other areas of the business.
Specific degree or experience categories we are looking for
- Art and design
- Graphic design
Practical training is mainly on-site. The role is to position process as our immediate goal and to help facilitate the recording and transcribing of documentation for all roles in the business. Thus, the opportunity to become knowledgeable about design, technology, art, marketing and advertising is ongoing.
- Provided one-on-one on the job training with Creative Director.
- Will be directed to curate research on topics and suggest best paths.
- Participation in video training for team members and client onboarding tasks.
- Organize documentation on a process to support all roles of the agency.
Skills and qualities
- Understanding communication formatting and syntax are important.
- Energetic enthusiasm and the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and demanding projects.
- Strong deal closing and negotiation skills.
- High level of analytical and organizational skills, and excellent attention to detail.
- Real understanding of advertising opportunities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creativity and initiative combined with success criteria awareness.
- Must be a list maker.
- 4+ years in a professional environment using MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel).
- Proficiency in Google G Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Experience with calendar software (mainly Google Calendar).
- Willing to learn online project management tools like Teamwork or Basecamp (JIRA or Kanban is a plus).
- Conversational knowledge of design, social media, software tools, programming, and planning.
- Excellent verbal and written communications including email formatting.
About the Agency
SNS is a boutique agency with deep capabilities who serve a sophisticated and specialized clientele. Our creative flexibility and leverage of technology into our process is unmatched as we can adapt quickly to the shifts in the market and continue to train and learn about the best practices so we can always rise above them. It is important we find the rigid thinkers or the abstract artists, with different talents, to grow the organization by placing them within the business to help support our recent growth and future goals. Our main categories of service include strategy, design, technology, and interactive services to combine to meet the existing goals of our clients.
Our award winning digital advertising has powered over 220 clients all over the US including Boston, LA, Chicago, Atlanta and many others including the West Georgia and East Alabama corridor. Some of those clients include Gildan, Under Armour, The Game Headwear, Entourage Clothing, Fuddruckers, Columbus State University, and TSYS, We’ve obtained experience in many industries including B2B, B2C, and D2C digital initiatives while working with corporations, startups, small businesses, and nonprofits including retail, fashion, tourism, craft beer, real estate, sports, higher ed, medical, manufacturing, health and wellness, beauty, politics, and national brand initiatives.
After 8 years, we’ve been the leading digital provider of marketing and advertising services in the region. Our clients come to us for revenue channel growth and development in digital, diversity in digital property design and development, online presence for brand establishment, and the need to take ROI seriously and focus on the big picture. In the past two years, we’ve focused on leaning out the business to prepare for growth allowing us to scale appropriately. Our focus is on sales automation, design and user experience, lead generation and development, integrations within the marketing tools, in-depth analysis of client sales data and pinpointing the opportunities of best return.
We’ve recently adapted to the growing changes in workforce development so we can suit the needs to have the best creative teams surrounded by accountable resources to get the highest-quality outcome for our clients. We offer a returned-based client experience while continuing to provide the innovative approach to solving sales and marketing problems that have brought us this far.